Date(s) - Mon, Jun 10, 2019 - Fri, Jun 14, 2019
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Dashing W Farm
If you are looking for a meaningful summer activity for your high school student, then this is it! Our Life Skills for Leadership summer program at Dashing W Farm is more than just fun with the horses. It’s a memorable learning experience that will help your teen develop the life skills needed to work effectively with others. It’s also a great way to get away from technology, build relationships, and re-discover the fun of being outdoors.No riding is involved and no experience with horses is needed.All participants take the CliftonStrenghs online assessment (https://www.gallupstrengthscenter.com/home/en-us/cliftonstrengths-themes-domains) in preparation for the camp to learn their top five strengths. Through fun and challenging ground activities with the horses, each participant will learn:
Together with our equine partners, our youth leadership program provides an experiential learning environment, where your child will gain confidence through hands-on experience with the development of team cooperation, collaboration, and problem-solving skills. And everyone participates in discovering and defining the actions they can take to be better leaders!
- the importance of trust and respect to developing and nurturing relationships
- how to make use of their strengths to work together as a team
- how to appreciate the strengths of other team members
- the importance of clear verbal communication in teamwork
- the positive and negative messages we send through non-verbal communication
- the need to practice the habits of courage, humility, integrity, selflessness, duty, and positivity (from the book Character-Based Leadership by Anderson and Anderson)
The cost is $170/student for all five, 1.5 hour sessions, including the cost of the CliftonStrengths assessment. The cost is $140.00 if you register by May 13. This session is for high school students in grades 9-12 (ages 14-18). The number of participants is limited to 12. Registration ends June 3.ATTENDANCE AND WEATHER POLICY: Sessions will be rescheduled in the case of rain. We do not refund or reschedule sessions for no-shows. We will schedule make-up sessions for absences due to medical reasons.